Malta’s shipping register – the biggest register of superyachts worldwide
Malta’s shipping register is the largest shipping register worldwide of superyachts, having over 850 vessels larger than 24m.Over the last five years, the shipping register has seen a 50% increase for yachts, with 7% increase in 2020 alone, despite the effects of Covid-19.
Registering a yacht in Malta has the following advantages:
- Yachts may be registered on behalf of legally constituted bodies irrespective of nationality,
- Low cost company formation, ship registration and tonnage tax,
- Yachts may be registered even if they are in the process of being built or equipped,
- Attractive tax incentives to yachts and superyachts owners to encourage commercial operations,
- No restrictions on sale or mortgaging of Maltese flag yachts and superyachts,
- A sovereign state, member of the European Union with political, fiscal and social stability.