Christine joined EMD during 2013 and holds the position of Associate Director. She is a certified public accountant having completed her studies during 2007 After obtaining her accountancy qualification her main focus was financial management and control, however with the regulation of remote gaming introduced in Malta, she immediately got involved with the licensing and compliance aspect. Within EMD she heads the Gaming Licensing and Compliance Department. Prior to joining the firm in 2013 she was a Manager in a mid-tier firm heading the Compliance and Business Advisory arm of the firm. During 2009 she also became a Certified Information System Auditor, a certification that helped her better understand and assist her gaming clients. She subsequently also obtained her certification as an Internal Auditor, and set up the Internal Audit and Business Advisory arm.
At EMD, Christine also assists with the financial control of the group, given her previous experience in the area, while she continues to head and assist remote gaming companies with setup, licensing and ongoing compliance.
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants / Malta Institute of Accountants (ACCA/MIA)
• Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) CISA
• Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) CIA
• Fellow of the Malta Institute of Accountants
• Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accounts
• Member of theInformation Systems Audit and Control Association
• Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors