Temporary Residence

Home Temporary Residence

Non-EU nationals may apply for a residence permit if they will be studying in Malta. Temporary residence is granted for the entire period of education to students following an approved course of study in any Private College or at the University of Malta. If the student is underage, his/her legal guardian can apply for a residence permit to accompany him/her upon confirming that he/she has stable and regular income and has a suitable place to live.


A temporary residence permit may be granted to Non-EU nationals to reside in Malta for more than three months on a case by case basis.